The Alverno EdD program
Every stage of academic development needs leaders who can shape learning communities and help students and faculty achieve their best. Alverno College offers educators like you the opportunity to prepare for higher service through a learner-centered Doctorate in Education focused on challenging you to grow. In our online EdD, you can develop practical skills for transformational leadership in public and private schools at all levels — skills that can also transfer to many other industries.
- Dissertation support – Beginning on day one of your program, you’ll get the support you need to hone your qualitative and quantitative research skills, all designed so you produce a dissertation that makes a meaningful contribution to the field of education.
- Flexible scheduling – Alverno College’s EdD combines online coursework with two on-campus weekend residencies so you can continue working while preparing to advance your career.
- Degree completion in only two years – Expedite the impact on your career.
- Doctoral core curriculum – Extend your knowledge and skills in curriculum development, education policy and law, ethical issues, community outreach, and more.
- Two concentrations – Tailor your EdD for your goals: Choose from a K–12 Leadership concentration or Higher Education Leadership concentration.
- Superintendent track – You can also pursue optional additional coursework to prepare you for the superintendency. This includes a tailored course and a superintendency practicum experience.*
- Meaningful connections – Our EdD features a cohort format with small classes of 12–15 professionals who advance through the program together. You’ll have the opportunity to make strong personal and professional connections with classmates and faculty.
- Career support – Take advantage of our career support services through Alverno’s Career Studio. The Career Studio supports students through job search planning, the preparation of resumes and curriculum vitae, mock interviews, and alumnae networking and mentoring.
You can complete your EdD with us in as few as two years of study. The online EdD consists of 54 total credits or 57 if you choose the optional superintendency track.
Explore our online EdD program and concentrations
Develop executive-level management and research skills along with fundamental knowledge about global and national education. Grow as a leader through extensive authentic assessment and narrative feedback from instructors and peers.
Extend your skills with a deep dive into curriculum planning, special-needs education, policy and law for private and public K–12 schools, with the option to pursue courses to prepare you for candidacy as a superintendent.
Higher Education Leadership
Deepen your leadership expertise for post-secondary institutions, including budgeting, student affairs, use of data, accreditation and more.
Earn your EdD online with Alverno College and raise your voice for today’s students. Contact us now to start your journey.
*The superintendent licensure is pending approval by the Department of Public Instruction.