Our online EdD program is designed for mid-career professionals in education or administration who hold a master’s degree in education or a related field and who can demonstrate at least three years’ experience. Applicants who choose the K–12 Leadership concentration should also hold a clear, renewable teaching license in their state.
Submitting your application
Candidates seeking admission to the online EdD will be required to submit evidence of the following:
- A master’s degree in a field related to the student’s preferred area of concentration with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above, which was earned from a regionally accredited institution.
- Official graduate and undergraduate transcripts.
- A resume showing professional experience. A minimum of three years’ relevant experience is recommended.
- Submit a maximum of three letters of reference (two required, third optional) from individuals in leadership roles in the applicant’s chosen area of concentration attesting that the applicant has the ability to engage in studies at the doctoral level and to conduct research.
- Faculty may request a personal interview.
- A written statement of professional goals and topic of research interest.
- A 750–1500-word sample of the applicant’s writing abilities.
- Evidence that non-U.S. applicants have received a minimum score of 550 (written), 213 (computer) or 79 (Internet) on the TOEFL examination.