EARN YOUR EDD
Our online EdD program is designed for mid-career professionals in education or administration who hold a master’s degree and who can demonstrate at least three years’ experience. Applicants who choose the K–12 Leadership concentration should also hold a clear, renewable teaching license in their state.
Submitting your application – Online EdD
Candidates seeking admission to the online EdD will be required to submit evidence of the following:
- A master’s degree in a field related to the student’s preferred area of concentration with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above, which was earned from a regionally accredited institution.
- Official graduate and undergraduate transcripts.
- A resume showing professional experience. A minimum of three years’ relevant experience is recommended.
- Submit a maximum of three letters of reference (two required, third optional) from individuals in leadership roles in the applicant’s chosen area of concentration attesting that the applicant has the ability to engage in studies at the doctoral level and to conduct research.
- Faculty may request a personal interview.
- A written statement of professional goals and topic of research interest.
- A 750–1500-word sample of the applicant’s writing abilities.
- Evidence that non-U.S. applicants have received a minimum score of 550 (written), 213 (computer) or 79 (Internet) on the TOEFL examination.
Submitting your application – Doctoral completion (ABD program)
To qualify for admission to our EdD in Educational Leadership ABD completion program, you must provide:
- Proof of ABD or Advanced to Doctoral Candidacy status from a regionally accredited institution (for example, evidence of completion of comprehensive exams or other similar requirements indicating you have completed your doctoral coursework)
- Official graduate transcripts showing completion courses in research methodology, including statistics
- A resume showing professional experience and academic scholarship
- At least two and up to three letters of reference from persons in leadership roles in your chosen area of concentration attesting that you have the ability to engage in studies at the doctoral level and to conduct research
- Evidence that you have received a minimum score of 550 (written), 213 (computer) or 79 (internet) on the TOEFL examination if English is not your first language.
A personal interview with a member of the graduate faculty representing the applicant’s preferred area of concentration may be requested.